SEND Local Offer
We are committed to ensuring that all children and young people have a good start in life. Some children and young people have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) and these differing needs mean varied levels of support may be required at different times.
A local offer gives children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families information to help them find the right help and support in their area.
It has two main purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the support and opportunities that are available.
- To make provision more responsive to local needs.
The Local Offer brings together information about education, health and care services, voluntary agencies, leisure activities and support groups in one place. It includes:
- Education – support in early years, schools and college, including transport.
- Health – specialist clinics, support and advice for children and young people with medical needs.
- Social care – support for personal care and practical assistance, short breaks and personal budgets.
- Transitions – moving between phases of education and preparing for adulthood.
- Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) – the statutory EHCP process explained, including applying for a plan, transfers and reviews.
- Information, advice and support – where to get impartial and confidential information, advice and support.
It also allows children and young people with SEND, their families and service providers to get involved in reviewing and developing services and support in order to make the offer more responsive to local needs and aspirations.
The Local Offer must also show what feedback has been given and explain how improvements have, or will be, made to services.
For more information, please Click Here.